Here we are!

Here we are!
Happy little family

This is reality

This is reality

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sunday

The way I look at things, Hospice isn't a matter of dying but a matter of controlling my life as long as I can. I am at peace, more so now than I have been in a long while. Stopping chemo was a personal choice but one that I am at peace with. I have 24 hour care because I am pretty much stuck to my bed or a wheel chair. especially since I sprained my ankle trying to go to the bathroom by myself! My pain is tolerable and they provide me with anything I need. The hardest part was realizing that I could no longer care for my son, so he is now living with my sister (his guardian). Fortunately she just lives down the street and I see him almost every day. She has been an absolute godsend, has have my other relatives, friends and neighbors, but Peggy is special and I thank God everyday for having her as my ally, my rock, my sister, my caregiver and my good companion.
I am having problems lately with my short term memory, I will be mid sentence and stop, not remembering what the heck I was talking about. It is very frustrating for someone who is as talkative as I am!
That's it for now, I find that I get very tired easily so I don't stay on the computer too long. I'll see you next time, in the meantime keep me in your prayers

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Dear Barb, you, Louis, and Peggy remain in my prayers. God bless you all and give you peace.
Love,
Lisa

Unknown said...

Many prayers and many tears my friend. Love you.

Jeff hansee said...

God Bless you Barb. I know I can speak for a lot of people when I say we love you. The thoughts and prayers of my family are with you.

Unknown said...

Our whole family has you and Luis in our prayers. If there is ever anything you need, please let us know.
The Cardwells