Here we are!

Here we are!
Happy little family

This is reality

This is reality

Thursday, June 12, 2008

The latest

Well, it's been quite a while, but a lot has been happening, so I will try to summarize. I had my transfusion and then got pretty sick over the weekend. Went to the Emergency room and found out my blood count was down to 16. I was admitted to the hospital and given multiple transfusions. Unfortunately no one could find out a cause of the bleeding. After I was discharged they found that my ammonia level was very high then still higher a week later. The bottom line is that there is nothing more that can be done and my liver has shut down. So, no more chemo, no more treatments. A feww days later I became extremely ill and Hospice was called in. Right now I am comfortable and plan to remain so. Will I die tonight? maybe, maybe not for months. The plan is to keep me as comfortable as possible. As I get sicker my posts will get fewer but my sister Peggy will keep you all updated.
I am ok with this, I have asked God to give me strength as I continue down His path. So, meanwhile keep me in your prayers and I will keep you all in mine. God bless

8 comments:

Becky said...

Barb,

You have been in my thoughts and prayers each and every day.

Love,

Becky

Pam said...

Hi Barb,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Luis. Keep up your incredible spirit and strength.

Pam Sheehan

Kris said...

Barb,
You sound so peaceful and strong! I will be praying for you and your son.

Kris (devoncat)

Unknown said...

Hi Barb, praying that the good Lord will always bless you with peace and strength as you travel on this journey to whatever outcome it may hold.

Knowing how precarious your health may be I want to thank you for being my friend. Although it's been many years since neighborhood days and your time in Bethesda, you are a part of the youthful memories that always bring a smile to my face. God bless and keep you!

Marie

Gina said...

Hi Barb,

You know I'm always thinking of you and you're in my prayers as well. I'll keep sending photos of all of our escapades! Love ya, Gina Ruma

Scott said...

Hi Barb,
Everyone at Gravity has been thinking about you and have been keeping in contact with Bruce to see how you are doing. Me for one, know the impact you have had on our lives and for that we are eternally grateful. Be the strong women you are and know you will always be in our thougths.

scott

Anonymous said...

Barb,

Left a message on Peggy's voicemail tonight.

Mom & I sent you some chocolates and they should arrive before Noon
on Saturday.

I continue to say The Chaplet of Divine Mercy for you & Luis and the entire family...

With love always,

Cousin Edward

natalielsc said...

Love you Barb!