Here we are!

Here we are!
Happy little family

This is reality

This is reality

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Where have I been?

no, haven't disappeared off the face of the earth, I've been in the hospital, All the nausea and vomiting had really taken their toll, plus I had gotten a transfusion that week, my blood count was 22.So, went the ER, my blood count there was 16! (normal is around 36). I have been receiving blood ever since. Fortunately it looks as though i will be making it home tomorrow (Wednesday), keep your fingers crossed. no known reason why my counts are low, maybe just not making enough blood? Anyway, the docs want to make sure that I can get along on my own, well, with a walker but without passing out or tripping!

6 comments:

peggy said...

Hey everybody, this is Peggy, Barb's sister. Just wanted to give everyone an update. Unfortunatlely Barb's condition has declined over the last several days. We have made the decision to have Vitas Hospice (Thank You Carol Quackenbush!) come into the home to care for her. She is comfortable and very oriented, which we can all be greatful for. Barb does want visitors but please call first, because she tires very easily. Thanks to you all of you for your prayers and well wishes.

Pam said...

Hi Peggy,

My name is Pam and I was blessed to meet Barb during my days at DoveBid. I was sadden to hear about Barb's illness.

Please pass along my thoughts and prayers to her. She was one of the bright spots there.

She has incredible caring and spirit, something I have always remembered.

Please give her a big hug from me and let her know she and Luis will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Caring thoughts,
Pam

Kris said...

Please tell Barb that everyone from the cholangiocarcinoma board is thinking of her and sending prayers and positive thoughts.

Kris (devoncat)

Lisa said...

Peggy, please tell Barb that she is in my prayers and in the prayers of my friends.

Unknown said...

Hi Peggy,

Please let Barb know that I'm thinking of her and keeping her and your entire family in my prayers. I'll be in Cincinnati starting June 23rd visiting with my parents. God willing and Barb's strength holding I'd love to visit with her. I'll call first, of course. (If Barb's not up to it, I'm sure I'll see your folks across the street from Mom and Dad.)
Marie

Kris said...

I will be keeping you and your son in my thoughts and prayers.

Kris (devoncat)