Here we are!

Here we are!
Happy little family

This is reality

This is reality

Monday, May 5, 2008

good news bad news

fairly uneventful week, the good news is that I was actually keeping food down, until today, I knew it was too good to last. Oh well, the side effects of chemo I guess. I am careful about what I eat, don't want to upset the apple cart, so to speak.
The bad news is that I am experiencing quite a lot of pain, feels like someone is stabbing me with a butcher knife. But this could actually be good news, because it could be a sign that the chemo and the sirspheres are doing their job and killing the tumors in my liver, so, my doctor upped my pain meds and we're all keeping our fingers crossed that that is the case.
My blood work didn't come out so great, my white blood count is down, white blood cells are what helps fight infection, so I have to be careful. My red blood count is down as well, so I got yet another shot (OUCH OUCH OUCH) of stuff that is supposed to encourage red blood cell production. If that doesn't work by next week, I may have to get a transfusion. I've given enough blood over the years that I think I deserve a little of it back, don't you think?
The weather is beautiful, I just love spring! My wonderful neighbors planted my impatiens and put up my decorative fencing,, so my front yard looks so pretty. The irises are blooming and beautiful, and my knockout rose bushes are HUGE!
Yesterday my nephew received his first communion, plus lots of birthdays in the family this week, nice party at my sister's house, her birthday too, the big four oh!
Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: