Here we are!

Here we are!
Happy little family

This is reality

This is reality

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I lost a dear friend yesterday

Got the call this morning, my dear friend Melissa died yesterday after a heroic battle with colon cancer. I HATE THIS DISEASE!!!! Fortunately she passed peacefully in her sleep. Melissa has always been my hero, even through the way she handled this biggest challenge. Two years ago the doctors gave up on her and told her to go be with her family. She refused to give in and had another two years with her family that no one thought she would. Melissa, I am going to miss you so much!

4 comments:

christine said...

Dear Barb,

I'm deeply sorry for your loss. I know how difficult it was for you today. Your strength inspires me. You are always in my thoughts and prayers.

ILU,
Christine

"Dime Heads Up"

Alice said...

HI Barb, SO sorry to here about Melissa, I know you were worried about her while we were there. It doesn't make it any easier. Just re-enforces the importance of cherishing every day we have with family & friends.
love ya,
Alice

Hadley said...

Barb, I am so sorry to hear about Melissa, I know how much she meant to you

I am always here for you dear!

Rob

christine said...

I think you should tell everyone the story about Luis and the Pope. How adorable was that?

LU,
Christine