Here we are!

Here we are!
Happy little family

This is reality

This is reality

Sunday, April 6, 2008

update

well, I've had all the tests and they can't find anything, considering some of the things that could have been wrong I guess I am lucky. They are saying that the cause of all the nausea and vomiting is probably the chemo and radiation. I was having a fairly good week, ate and kept everything down, until this morning when I woke up at 4 am with terrible nausea and dry heaves. It really gets to me sometimes. I can't say I'm not happy with my present weight, I haven't been this thin in some years, but I don't like the cause and I don't want to lose anymore. Cancer just sucks.

5 comments:

Kris said...

Hang in there Barb. I am so sorry about the queasiness. I wonder if eating crackers could settle chemo sick like it does pregnancy sick? Cancer does suck...big balls at that. Take care.

Kris

Lisa said...

Barb, I'm so sorry that you are so sick. We were diagnosed with the same disease at the same time (Aug 07). I'm a single mom, too, just trying to work and get by and pay my mounting medical bills. I'm just not as sick as you are yet. Please know that you are in my prayers.
God bless you!
Lisa

The Commander said...

thanks Lisa. Are you also on the cholangiocarcinoma board too? would like to get in contact with you

Lisa said...

Barb, I'm on the cc board. Feel free to contact me at rockstad@gmail.com.

Administrator said...

Barb
Have you ever heard of DAVANAT? There are no side effects when you take it with chemo. It's not gotten FDA approval but you could probably get it by applying for compassionate use. They have a trial for choloangiocarima but it is for naive patients and you don't fit the trial criteria. Very few people do. A friend of mine just got done with her second cycle of 5FU and the DAVANAT mix. She had no side effects - NONE. Guess what happened to her CEA count? Down 40%. She has breast cancer but 5FU work on all cancers otherwise you wouldn't be taking it. There is no reason on earth why you need to have side effects when this drug targets the chemo so the side effects are mitigated. Anyhow Beth is telling all her friends about this drug. This is totally something you should investigate. Help spread the word and do some research. E-mail me call me if you have any questions. I know I am a stranger but sometimes people need a little bit more help than just prayers and support. You need to take action.