Here we are!

Here we are!
Happy little family

This is reality

This is reality

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Well, 2008 is starting off great! After a 30 lb weight loss I am finally getting my appetite back! Now mind you, I could have stood to lose that much weight and a bit more, but this isn't a diet I would recommend! After feeling like crap for weeks and weeks I decided that one of the drugs I was taking, Tarceva, just wasn't worth it. To paraphrase one of my favorite lines from Steel Magnolias, I would rather have 6 months of normal than 8 months of misery. My doctor also put me on a new drug to stimulate my appetite and for the first time in months I actually feel normal! I still have pain and get tired easily but I can manage.
I hope you all had a great new year, Luis and I were invited to a couple of parties, but after watching Shrek 2 he went to bed and I fell asleep on the couch. They call in amateur night for more than one reason! My days of partying until I drop are long over :-)
My hope for myself and everyone else is for a safe, HEALTHY and wonderful New Year!

No comments: