Here we are!

Here we are!
Happy little family

This is reality

This is reality

Friday, January 11, 2008

It's not always good news

I had a CT scan this past week and got the results back today, the news is not good. In a nutshell the cancer is spreading. I have four more tumors in my liver, more lymph node involvement and now it has spread to my spine and hip. Not the news I wanted to hear but I had a sneaking suspicion that the report was not going to be good. Fortunately I am feeling good, and at least I know why my back was hurting! Haven't talked to my oncologist yet, that comes Monday. My hope is that we can find more aggressive treatment and slow this sucker down! I feel fine and I am not licked yet! So, keep the prayers and good wishes coming!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey Barb - I'm sorry that the cancer is spreading. I was diagnosed with cc last August, too. God be with you - Lisa

Unknown said...

Hi Barb - hoping that tomorrow's talk with your oncologist brings some potential alternatives. Glad to hear that you're feeling good...that's a big order, in and by itself, with the treatment you've been undergoing. God bless and keep you and yours. Oh, BTW, I spent my New Year's eve crashed on the couch, as well :). Marie

Deanna said...

Hey there, Barb. Well, I certainly don't like hearing the "spreading" news. I am, however, glad to hear that you're not feeling as bad as you were. I must say, my Dear, I think you are THE strongest person I have ever known! You really are quite the inspiration. And, of course the prayers are still ongoing; because, of course, they have never stopped. I hope you hear something positive tomorrow.
Deanna