Here we are!

Here we are!
Happy little family

This is reality

This is reality

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

OY VEY!

Well, the first week of the new chemo regimen is drawing to a close, thank goodness I am starting to feel normal! It was rough going at first, I was pretty much flat on my back over the weekend, but started feeling better yesterday and today. I just never realized what true fatigue is, the kind where you can't get out of bed to brush your teeth, at all. I started radiation yesterday which leads to more fatigue, but fortunately I just have 10 treatments and i will be done. On Friday the 8th I go in for an angiogram in preparation for sir spheres (Selective Internal Radiation Therapy), the little radioactive glass beads. So, radiation for the tumors in my spine, sir spheres for the ones in my liver, and chemo to give them all a big whack. suffice to say the next 8 weeks or so are not going to be pleasant, but it's all for a good cause, right?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Radiation is tough. Hang in there, Barb! Keep us updated on the "sphere" thing - my oncologist happened to mention it in passing yesterday and I'd like to follow up on that in case surgery is not an option.

God bless you!