Here we are!

Here we are!
Happy little family

This is reality

This is reality

Friday, February 1, 2008

I'm so tired

I know I've said it before, but I'm saying it again, I am SO tired! Cancer, chemo, radiation do not mix with trying to raise an active and often very silly 10 year old boy, that's for sure! It's not a fair fight. Well, one week of radiation down, 5 more treatments to go. Angiogram next Friday, then the SIR Spheres on the 21st. I am hoping that by mid April I might be able to settle into some kind of routine and get some of my energy back. We'll see. Meanwhile I am feeling ok other than the fatigue, so if you see me nodding off in church or anyplace else, just nudge me.

3 comments:

daphne said...

Hi Barb..Happy Day after Ground Hog Day. Of course the title of your most recent blog brought a song to mind. A little ditty from 1965 by a band we all know and love "The Kinks" Where's Quacks and Deanna when we need em. You know that they would be all over this. I only wonder if they thought the same after viewing your most recent blog title. Usually great minds think alike, creative ones do as well. I miss you!!! Please make note that when you are up to it, there is a girls movie night we have to plan!!!

Love ya
Daph

Lisa said...

Yeah, I was soooo tired with the chemo/radiation thing. Fortunately, once you stop radiation you should get a little more energy back. I was doing the chemo/radiation thing while continuing to work full-time. Oy vey! I'm also a single parent of three kids. Hey, someone has to continue to support them in the manner to which they have become accustomed!

carolequack said...

Hello, there. I can't imagine how tired you are- it's exhausting just reading your routine! We were talking about movie month this month- or March, if that is better. You pick the date, and we will all be there. I will hound you so you don't forget about us, so you WILL have to pick a date. I'm anxious to hear how the treatment is going. You are such an innovator and cutting edge person; all these treatments sound like science fiction! You and Luis are in all of our thoughts and prayers. Miss you and can't wait to see you!!

And, Daph may have something on me- the only song I know about "I am so tired" is by the Beatles. Maybe The Kinks have one as well- but I don't know it. Barb- did you date anyone from the Kinks? Do I need to find a movie that has them in it? I can't keep up!! I don't think they were in A Star Is Born- were they?

Love you-

Carole